That the lives of all children and young people will be free from hunger, abuse, neglect, homelessness and exploitation.
It is our intention to construct a facility that caters between 12 and 18 children, ages from (0) infant to (12) twelve years of age with the ability to extend our services in the future to provide family, therapeutic, and parenting support.
The Government of Saint Lucia, Crown land has secured a portion of land for lease in Aupicon, Vieux Fort purposed for the construction of the home. A registered surveyor has surveyed and parceled the land. Additionally the commissioner of Crown Lands granted verbal permission for the Society to proceed with the building project. The Society is awaiting official lease documents.
Currently our funding mainly comes from the sale of used items at our Charity shop and Flea Markets and donations from businesses and individuals. We hope to set up a “Friends” of Vieux Fort Children’s Society program, to enable us to obtain regular donations to assist in running and sustaining the project.
The Society seeks funding and sponsorship to build the children’s home in Vieux Fort. Although we are raising funds, the revenues raised are not sufficient to build and sustain the home.
All proceeds will go into building the children’s home to benefit vulnerable and at risk children in Vieux Fort and surrounding areas.
Our request for sponsorship, donations and financial assistance is based on:
1. The lack of a residential service for children in the southern region of Saint Lucia
2. The recommendations made by the United Nations Committee on the rights of the child in its concluding observations on Saint Lucia’s State Report in the areas of abuse and neglect and adolescent health
3. The day to day struggles of the Division of Human Services and Family Affairs Vieux Fort office to find suitable placement for children at risk
4. The overwhelming commitment of the members of the Society to provide a place of safety for abused and at risk children of the southern region
5. The increasing costs of building material and labor